You’re a good driver and you deserve a reward. Happily for you, most insurance companies agree that you deserve a reward and they offer good driver auto insurance quotes that can save you hundreds of dollars a year.
What is a Good Driver?
The definition of a “good driver” varies from insurance company to insurance company. It typically has to do with having no accidents or traffic violations within a specified time period, usually three years.
There are basically two ways good drivers are rewarded by insurance companies:
* A direct discount to the premium for having no accidents or traffic violations
* A surcharge system, where premiums are increased for drivers who have accidents and traffic convictions
If you believe you meet the criteria for a good driver, check with your company to make sure you are receiving the good driver discount.
Other Auto Insurance Discounts
In addition to the good driver discount, most insurance companies offer other discounts that can help you lower the price of your premium, such as:
* Auto-home discount. To get this discount, place your auto and home insurance with the same company.
* Anti-theft device discount. Install alarms, steering wheel locks, and other such devices to qualify for this discount.
* Good student discount. If you are a student who maintains a high grade point average, you may qualify for this discount.
Ask your insurance professional about these and other discounts you may be eligible for.
Another Way to Save
You can also save on your auto insurance by shopping for insurance online through a comparison website. All you do is complete a simple online application to receive multiple quotes from A-rated insurance companies.
The best insurance comparison websites also have a chat feature, where you can talk with insurance professionals and get answers to all your questions (see link below). There is no better way to get fast, competitive insurance quotes today.